Stade Vélodrome – Maze Bank Arena REPLACE V1.0
I present you one of the biggest soccer stadiums in Europe,
from my personal favorite soccer team Olympique Marseille, next to Standard Liège from Belgium.
A WORD ABOUT THIS MOD:
THIS IS THE MAZE BANK ARENA REPLACE VERSION OF THE STADE VELODROME MOD.
I DECIDED TO KEEP THE OLDER VERSION – SPAWNING THE STADIUM ON AN ISLAND – UNTOUCHED.
THAT MOD CAN BE FOUND HERE: Orange Vélodrome Marseille – Soccer Stadium
PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO KEEP THE MAZE BANK ARENA INTACT, OF COURSE.
This is a new version of my older mod ‘Orange Vélodrome Marseille – Soccer Stadium’ here on gta5-mods.
After a few people asked me if it was possible to place the stadium where the Maze Bank Arena is,
I gave it a try after a long time of considering it. I knew it was going to be a pain and a mess. I was not wrong.
After litteraly more than a year of messing around,
and me delaying this project to replace the Maze Bank Arena, this mess has to come to an end.
I don’t think I used the ‘best’ or ‘most effective’ way to just delete a whole part of the map and place a new one instead.
But that’s what I did. I had to edit the models to fit the surrounding area on the map,
remodeled the exterior and added new things…
I also had to move some objects just under the map so they are not visible during gameplay.
LOD files also were a pain, and I somehow managed to pack everything in just a single dlc.rpf file.
So everything will load correctly when just installing the DLC, and to uninstall the Velodrome and get the Maze Bank Arena back,
all you need to do is to delete the ‘mb_veldrome’ line in dlclist.xml. I just tested it on a fresh install to be sure.
THERE ARE A FEW SIDENOTES:
– I tried to let the GTA V pedestrians act correctly with the new stadium. I tried, but did not succeed.
I messed around with ‘navmeshes’ for weeks but it just crashed the game randomly, or caused the peds to act weird…
This means that the pedestrians will still think the Maze Bank Arena is there instead of this stadium mod.
I strongly recommend to use a trainer and use a ‘disable peds’ function while exploring this mod.
Otherwise, you will see peds acting weird, spawning through walls are falling down the map.
– Mission ‘Fame or Shame’ will not work properly, as it uses the Maze Bank Arena during gameplay and cutscenes.
There probably will be problems with some other missions as well…
– For FiveM users: Feel free to convert this mod to support FiveM.
Me myself, I just uploaded this for Single Player and have actually no clue how to make this work on FiveM.
This stadium’s base model is converted from the game FIFA 16. I had to edit the model a lot,
and made a lot of changes to it, before converting it.
I have always been impressed by huge soccer stadiums. Though it’s not like a racetrack
in the game where you can drive properly on the road, I think it’s quite enjoyable.
Personally, I’ve been in this stadium 4 times in real life to watch matches OM – PSG.
It’s more than 1000 kilometers from my home in Belgium but it’s totally worth it.
Special thanks to:
– dexyfex (tool CodeWalker)
– LeetSombrero (help on navmesh experimenting)
– arianos10 (tool FIFA 3D Importer/Exporter)
– 3Doomer (tool GIMS EVO)
– Neodymium (tool Metatool)
– indirivacua (tool Cords2YMAP)
– sollaholla (tool Map Editor & Menyoo to YMap Converter)
– Smallo (tool YMAP & YBN Mover)
– GooD-NTS and OpenIV team (OpenIV)
– IgorX (Help on gtaforums.com about hashes)
– EA Sports (Base model from FIFA 16)
– Rockstar Games (Base game and standing up against Take Two to save our modding community)
Install the files with OpenIV.
If you can’t work with OpenIV, search for tutorials on youtube,
there are a lot of good tutorials.
– In update/x64/dlcpacks create the folder ‘mb_velodrome’ and paste the dlc.rpf
– In update/update.rpf-common-data edit the file dlclist.xml:
Search for the last ‘dlcpacks:\…\’ line and and paste this code on a new line after it:
Save. Remember you can always check for XML errors with the latest OpenIV version.
PLEASE KNOW THAT A DECENT PC IS REQUIRED, AND FPS DROP IS SOMETIMES POSSIBLE USING MODS.